Gift Universe Group, formerly Menkind Group is one of the UK’s leading and fastest growing operators in the gifts and gadgets industry.
The company began trading as Menkind opening, our first store in 2002 in The Chimes Shopping Centre in Uxbridge, and over the next few years established our position in the niche gadget and gifting retail market, organically growing the business through store openings and Ecommerce.
The Menkind brand experienced substantial growth organically by extending our store portfolio along with significant like for like sales increases. We also increased our direct sourcing, introducing our own brand products, now numbering over 400 items, which has led to significant margin benefit and has been a key driver in improving the company’s profitability.
In August 2015 the company acquired the retail business RED5 and the wholesaler The Source, and now have unrivalled reach into our market through our own retail stores nationwide, multiple ecommerce channels and through wholesale distribution to some of the UK’s top retail brands.
Over the last five years the business has grown from £23m turnover to £64m for year end March 2017.
Revenue Last 5 Years £m
Year End March 2015 Highlights
- Menkind Group achieved total sales growth of 30% for the year, with 25% like for like growth to December.
- Store sales like for like growth was 15% and ecommerce achieved like for like growth of 68%.
- Margin growth was 3% against the previous period.
- 54 stores traded across the UK in Dec 2014, comprising 20 permanent stores and 34 seasonal pop up stores.
- Menkind traded from multiple websites and online marketplaces
- The Group served approximately 2 million satisfied customers over the year.
Year End March 2016
On 1st April 2016 Menkind Group was re-branded Gift Universe Group Ltd to reflect the multi-brand offering of the business.
Turnover for the year 2015-16 was £56.7m with EBITDA £5.9m.
Click here to view Year End March 2016 Accounts
Year End March 2017
Turnover for the year 2016-17 was £64m